Yes, I will be your wife Matt Poole!
It was a typical Saturday. Matt was working at his mom’s house and I was home doing basic housekeeping duties. Noah and I took a relaxing 1 ½ nap, and then we went into town. Noah and I went swimming, then we hung out with Meagan and Erin. When Matt was finished with work, he asked me to run some errands with him. On the way to the truck I discovered he purchased a new truck box (which I was saving to buy for him at Christmas). Our first stop was to have dinner at the mall, The discussion of the evening was how he always guesses what I was going to buy him. After dinner we went to Home Depot and walked around. Matt bought a pressure washer for work. It was 8:30pm when we left and to my surprise Matt was headed back to the mall. He said he forgot something and he need to run in, but I needed to stay in the truck so I could watch his new tool.
Ten minutes later he slung open the passenger side door and asked me if I would really marry him, the he proceeded to hang me a bag with a receipt. I analyzed this small piece of parchment, looked at him and said, “you got a ring! I want to see it!” He told me I couldn’t have it until he would be able to properly propose in front of my entire family….we were going to have to take a train. I told him I would say yes. He handed me the box, slipped the ring on my finger, and asked me to marry him…the rest will be history!P.S. He picked this ring out all by himself…I think he did a great job!
Congratulations!! Too exciting. Maybe we'll be back in the country when you guys tie the knot!
ReplyDelete